Design Process: Step 2
Conceptual Landscape Plan
Depending upon the size of the project this can take different forms. On a large complex project this would involve a formal plan. For simple plantings this may be a conversation and some lines painted on the lawn. On every project the designer considers the following items when creating the final plan.
- Site Map is created – Property lines, graphic scale, north arrow, fences and gates
- Relevant utilities
- Significant site features – What stays, what goes, water flow, accessibility
- Layout of major features – Anything big, anything built
- Planting bed locations and shape – Straight, curved or a combination
- General plant characteristics – Size, color, seasonal interest, purpose
- Design Style – What suits the client, the site and the architecture of the house? Style can reflect your personality. Casual. Modern. Transitional. Formal. Unconventional. A mixture. What style suits you best?
Next, Final Landscape Plan »